About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Are you flying your flag???


...... Hello!
Just a quick drop in to tell you about a quilt along that Shannon is doing (aka Aunty Cookie)
its a new pattern called 
flag2-#auntycookie

here is the time-line if your interested in playing along



Week 1. (Finish by 16 August 2013) Pick it! Fabric selections – in a show us your flags kind of way.
Week 2. (Finish by 23 August 2013) Cutting it! cutting out & making the flags – ideas for personalizing flags, tips on making it fancy.
Week 3. (Finish by 30 August 2013) Sewing it! yes that would be sewing it all together.
Week 4. (Finish by 6 Sept 2013) Quilt it! ideas and inspirations and techniques.
Week 5. (Finish by 13 Sept 2013) Bind it! And lets perve at your finished quilt….
Week 6. (Finish by 20 Sept 2013) QAL Wrap up & the awarding of awesomeness.

&

The hashtag on instagram is #flytheflagquilt





Below is the selections of fabric I was playing with this afternoon. I am attempting to go for the crazy colour look.... I really wanted to do a natural linen as the base and coloured prints as the flags BUT I want to see what it will look like with a colourful printed fabric as a base.... we will see!

It could work or it could not....









and below are some bits and bobs of my studio

I unfortunately have far too many secret projects on the go - which is really no fun when you are blogging 

&

I'm all stocked up with Aurifil threads




and my little sideline project has been this chair - a post all of its own will come soon.





Thats me all caught up 

Xx Siobhan 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...