About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Corduroy and Liberty


I'm on a roll!

Today I whipped together another one of Amy Butler's Nappy bag pattern (no I don't need nappy bags anymore or ever again  - I just like the pattern)



Its actually a really good camera bag and holds my SLR nicely when I'm out and about.


I used a green corduroy for the outside bought from Purl Soho and the feature fabric on the outside is a Liberty of London Tana Lawn.

I looked everywhere locally for corduroy fabric (I was actually after an olive type colour) but couldn't find any!
I also wanted the wider more heavy corduroy but this stuff worked out nicely.Its very fine, thin and soft.


The lining on the inside is two prints of Liberty of London Tana Lawn and a little bit of the green corduroy.





below you can see a picture of the bag turned inside out and the liberty fabric as the lining and the pockets.
The bag is completely reversible so I could have it any way I wanted - really it doesn't matter.


I used wadding as a lining for the pockets to help stiffen it up










 Very happy with my new bag!

I bought a few more colours of corduroy and I might make a few more variations...





Xx Siobhan 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...