About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

How on Earth do you


store all your quilts?


When teaching or generally talking about what I do - The number one question is

"What do you do with ALL your quilts"?















because I do have a lot of them and I do keep making more and more.....

A few have gone to friends or family but mostly they live in my house or studio and sometimes one or two are on display at places that I teach at.

BUT

most of them are in my house!


If they aren't on a bed (which we have five of in our house and most beds have two quilts on them) they are on the lounge, hanging on a chair, folded on a chair, in a basket or hanging on one of the many ladders I have collected......

I'm yet to have wall hangings although I do have box framed fabric art works

Quilts aren't just for beds!


How do you store your quilts?

and on decoration/ houses and storage etc I have been pouring over Megan Morton's (Australian based Stylist) new book - I love my room its gorgeous!




I love the book! 

& my kids have been absolutely fascinated with it.

Lots of great ideas. Which will come in very handy when we eventually start our renovation/ extension.

more room for more quilts!

I'll have to get my dad onto making more ladders for me :)

If any Sydney people are interested in a ladder (like the one pictured) 
they are 900 wide X 1800 high, raw timber
and cost $130 AUD
email me :)



I'm off - last day of school today before the winter holidays and I have a million jobs to do 


Xx Siobhan 









2 comments:

Siobhan Rogers said...

good idea - so much better to roll them than fold them :)

Lina Gho said...

nice post...thank you bro for sharing this post

bandar domino online

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...