About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

NYC - Train trip to CT to see Denyse Schmidt

 I'm HOME !

I've been home for 4 days..........

The jet lag hit me pretty hard - I taught on day 2 of being home, I'm not sure I was coherent...  My students put up with me - which I am very very thankful for :)

I saw so much on my quick trip to the US - my mind is still buzzing

One of the more interesting & exciting things was catching the train up to Bridgeport CT and seeing Denyse Schmidts studio

I meet up with Julie - who is extra lovely - she showed me some of Denyse's lovely quilts and around the studio.

Its truly amazing to see everything in the flesh!

The Quilts looked beautiful in real life, its amazing to be able to see things that I have looked at a million times in books.

The current Schedule for DS Studios is crazy - Denyse is booked up till 2014, with a possible trip to Australia...... Lets hope that one comes to fruition! 

- If your looking to catch up with Denyse or do one of her workshops have a look at DS Quilts for times/ dates.

below are some pictures - I was so over whelmed I didn't take many pictures at all...
I saw lots of quilts one being the Flowering Vine new pattern that has just come out. 

Thank you to Julie for spending the morning with me - talking about quilting and showing me lots of wonderful things in the studio - I felt right at home & it was Lovely to meet and chat with Denyse! truly inspirational business women and I look forward to what DS Quilts come up with next.


















Not the most stunning picture of me, but its with Denyse - so I had to post it!




Next post I'll write about my visit to Jersey City to see Windham Fabrics 

Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...