About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fabric choices in recent quilts

Hi!

sorry I've been quiet.....

Its School holidays here in Sydney Australia & everything in my normal working week goes out the window. 3/4 of the kids go back to school tomorrow - fingers crossed I get all my bits n pieces finished off this week and handed over.



I've had a few emails asking about fabrics I had used in recent quilts that appeared in Modern Patchwork
I very excitingly had three quilts appear in the new Interweave  publication & one was on the cover :)











The Fabrics for the Yellow wide Stripe quilt

- all the text fabric is from my spoonflower BeaSpokeQuilts shop

- The yellow flower is a Robert Kaufman Fabric

- White homespun

- The binding is a grey & white honeycomb

- the yellow check is Unknown! 

I bought it as an end of bolt special at Material Obsession a long long time ago (before they moved), If anyone can help name it Id appreciate it or even maybe let me know of a similar fabric design thats currently around?







The Fabric for the Monochromatic Text Quilt is all from my spoonflower designs

& the binding is the grey & white honeycomb again





the back is pieced of all my left over bits n pieces








The Linen Square Block Quilt is Made out of

- Natural linen

- the inside square is linen

- the first frame is Liberty of London pink Paisley

- the second frame is Isso Echo, it might be tricky to find

- the third frame is Anna Maria Horner Little Folks Village Path

- the fourth is by Working CLOTH although it appears the pink is no longer made! 



 Hopefully that helps....

If not then let me know how I can help by commenting on this post or 
Im also on twitter


Below is a bit of a look at what I have achieved in the holidays


This is the Swoon block I've been working on, I'm waiting on more fabric to arrive from my Spoonflower shop so that I can finish it all off.







below is a bit of a look at a project I did for the Fat Quarterly Team
This one was done earlier in the year - I'm busting to show you all








and here I have some bits and pieces from a quilt I'm making for The Lovely Ladies at CLOTH Fabric 
Its a great weight fabric to work with and fantastic colour range.

Have a sticky beak at the online store - they currently have some swatch book bundles for sale which would make a great addition to a quilt.




Fingers Crossed for a productive week.......

Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...