About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Liberty Strips - Part two



A few days later and here we have the finished baby quilt





Here is the original post where I talk about how & why I made this quilt.

The general gist is that I had some liberty fabric strips from a previous project and I wanted to make a baby quilt, this is what I came up with.



I wanted to do something different for the quilting, I'm really enjoying the look of circular quilting and I felt that it would make it just a little bit more interesting than straight lines.



I was also seeing a lot of love hearts everywhere!

apparently valentines day is soon....

so a heart shape it was!



I started with my heart shape in the middle, I then echoed around the heart in a 1/4 inch distance until I came to the edge of the basted quilt. 






for the binding I had some pre made liberty of london bias binding which I bought in London last September when I was at the Liberty of London store. It was really nice to sew on.





Here we have the complete front and back!
the back is also a piece of Liberty of London tana lawn. 

I love how the heart echo's out


It took a while to machine quilt the heart echo, but well worth the effort.






all ready to swaddle the baby to be






























Xx Siobhan Rogers

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...