About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

If at first you don't succeed


try again.......... and maybe again

I have blogged about these or had pictures on flickr, but I have never really made a fuss about them - because they aren't perfect.

It took me two wrongs to make a right!



this being the first go

I struggled with this one because the fabrics I chose - I only had a very little amount of, It was very tricky trying to work out the angle/ squaring off & cutting with out wasting too much of the precious fabric.

So although pretty and a nice colour combination - a big fail on the angles






 attempt two

I had plenty of fabric this time! I had learnt my lesson. But this time instead of trying the same size I upsized to a single bed. 

The issue this time was trying to square off the large segments - and again I got the angle wrong!!!!

It seemed so simple to achieve - yet it eluded me yet again.
I do kind of like this one - Its currently on My older boys bed, but every time I look at it I see how it could be so much better.




by now you would think I'd be over it and give up? 

nope

I persevered. 



Third attempt

and finally got it right!

This one is mega king size


Its still not perfect ;) but good enough!


have you made any Union Jack things?
post a link if you have 

Xx Siobhan














































No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...