About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lone Star Finale


Finally we have the Lone Star Quilt from start to finish!

If you would like to see the original blog posts & instructions on how to make the Lone Star have a peak here


This quilt was long arm quilted by Kim Bradley in a figure eight pattern, I talk a bit about that pattern choice here.

The blue spot fabric I used was very sheer, I didn't want to be able to see through to the other side & I also didn't want my messy seams to show. 

After talking it over with Kate (who works with Kim) I requested if at all possible pretty please could they use a double layer of wool wadding to help over come the see through issue......

I'm glad I wasn't there when it was being done, I'm sure my name was being hexed!

Miracle of Miracle (not really a miracle as Kim & Kate are very clever) the quilt is perfect and has a double layer of wool wadding, making it the heaviest quilt I have ever held!
& not see through, as you can see from the back



Its also really lovely and plump with the double layer of wadding




This quilt is a big Double bed size or even a queen size 







I'm happy with the spots! I was meticulous enough with my cutting to have them all running in the same direction but I wasn't that bothered about the joining up, I like that they are off set a little - it gives the quilt a bit of movement. 

Be wary if you do use a patterned fabric as your base for the lone star, you will need to think about direction of prints and how you will cut/ sew it










If your still after the diamond template to make this Lone Star have a look here



Any Questions? don't hesitate to ask :)

If you have made a lone star quilt put it into the lone star Flickr group

or if you have your own Lone Star Tutorial - Link it in the comments

Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...