About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

pile of quilts


Productive central in my neck of the woods





I have bound 2 king, 1 double & 2 single bed quilts this weekend as well as just about finished a quilt top!



for the first time possibly ever, I have no quilts in the "to be bound pile".

Now to clarify - I do machine sew my binding on, it still takes some time but not quiet as long as hand sewing. Some quilts I do hand sew the binding but the majority are machine sewn.

 I like to throw them in the washing machine & dryer, the binding seems to last a bit longer ???? 



here we have the pile, some you have seen & some you haven't.

This week I thought I'd go through them & show you all


Today we have the Yes/ No Quilt



I made this way back in january 2011


All of the grey fabrics are from my spoonflower range

Its a mixture of the thesaurus range with Yes, No & Love fabric used




It was long arm machine quilted by the lovely Kim Bradley in a loopy scribble pattern





I like the flash of colour with the yellow & white


 & being a strip quilt it came together really quickly





talking of colour, how great does this blue moon rose look?
my roses are having a bumper year this year



















Its a nice throw size or good for the end of a bed, not sure if this one is a keeper or a to sell one yet.....


you may have also noticed my new toy - a piece of slate & chalk(I'm easily pleased)
I'm sure I'll get over it soonish....

& just for info - the pin cushion that keeps appearing in my photos was made by my daughter at her 9th Birthday party, I had twenty kids making cushions/ bags etc from felt. They had a blast.


Sorry I'm short on words, more to do!


Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...