About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Kids space & more baking

*************Edited January 2015

My Book is available for pre order !





**********Edited August 2014

The kids cushions have been very popular, I did do a magazine story on some giant floor cushions.

here is the blog post


http://beaspokequilts.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/hello-something-that-comes-in-very-very.html


and here is the digital version of the patterns in the magazine


http://au.zinio.com/www/browse/issue.jsp?skuId=416263542&prnt=&offer=&categoryId=


Hope that helps

Thanks Siobhan 





I finally finished the X cushion today - original post back here



its the perfect size for the kids space 
30inch X 30inch


I've had a very big clean out of the "toy" room - hence why its looking soooo tidy.


Lots of old (but good) books and soft toys have been dropped off to St Vincent De Paul (don't tell the kids!) 





Lets see how long it stays this way....

and what do I do when its a rainy Sydney afternoon & I'm really hungry?

I bake :)


Today it's little banana cakes

I used two different tins - the oval & rectangle friand tins, just use what ever you have on hand, small muffin tins are good too.
this recipe will make 12




Ingredients
batter
150g Butter
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
250ml sour cream
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 very brown banana mashed
tsp vanilla paste

topping
1 just ripe banana
melted buter
raw sugar for sprinkling




Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius 

Beat the butter & sugar until light & creamy, add the egg - beat well.

add the flour, baking powder, almond meal, sour cream, mashed banana, cinnamon, vanilla & fold through till just mixed.

grease your tins

spoon in the mixture and lightly press it down, (the mixture will be quite stiff)

slice up the just ripe banana - place the slices on top, brush with melted butter & sprinkle with raw sugar!

bake for 30 minutes




eat them HOT, with a sprinkle of icing sugar!






 the almond meal & sour cream makes them moist and heavy :)


I need to write up my recipe for the spinach pie & Scones I posted about - I'll attempt it in the next day or so.

I really want to start on a wonky star quilt with all my bits of material I have laying around.


for now I'm enjoying a tidy (ish) house & doing some preparation for my beginners class tomorrow morning

Xx Siobhan

3 comments:

Dana Andreasson said...

I absolutely love those big ole cushy pillows!

www.shophopscotchkids.com

Jodie said...

Can I get a pattern or instructions for the pillows?

Siobhan Rogers said...

The kids cushions have been very popular, I did do a magazine story on some giant floor cushions.

here is the blog post

http://beaspokequilts.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/hello-something-that-comes-in-very-very.html

and here is the digital version of the patterns in the magazine

http://au.zinio.com/www/browse/issue.jsp?skuId=416263542&prnt=&offer=&categoryId=

Hope that helps

Thanks Siobhan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...