About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Friday, September 2, 2011

OOOHHHH!


Nearly forgot to show you this one!

My head is in the clouds lately



A fair while ago I sent this baby to be machine quilted & I got it back again on monday


It's a combination of my text fabric which is for sale on Spoonflower & Liberty of London Fabrics.


here it is before being machine quilted


& Voila ! machine quilted and binding done.

 I try to make a habit of making my binding when I'm doing the quilt top, that way its all done and I don't have to scrounge for the fabric bits or accidentally use the last bit in another quilt forgetting I need it for binding!
I wind it around a paper roll and its stored all nicely till its needed.



for the back I used a piece of Liberty that was just the right size, its really soft and lovely.






The pattern is simple enough, it reminds me of floor tiles in old houses :)






Its a good lap size or cot size. I'm amazed at the variety of uses Text fabric has - It seems to match everything!


Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...