About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

How many hours in a quilt??


Alot more than I thought!

scrap quilts are a great way of using bits of material or mindlessly sewing away.

As an experiment I actually took note of how much time this scrappy quilt took to make.

I was most surprised

all up to this stage

7hrs!

thats not including making the back and binding.

I dont know about you, but that seemed a long time to me - no pattern, just straight sewing. I didn't even make any huge mistakes that I had to undo.

I'm not complaining - I really enjoyed it, I love making quilts no matter how long they take.

I just hadn't timed myself before




anyway this is my 7hr Quilt Top



Next to make - is the back 


and then off to the machine quilter

Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...