About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

cure for the winter blues (sale time)

Sydney has been awful the last three days, It has rained and rained and rained some more, I really pity those who have to be outside. The noise on our roof is so loud you have to yell to talk to each other - and we have a tiled roof, imagine a tin roof!

Today I ventured out further than my own suburb and travelled into Surry Hills to deliver some Quilt samples to CLOTH FABRIC.


doesn't it look miserable.

Anyway onto the interesting bit :)



At the start of the year I approached the Cloth Team and wanted to do some quilts for them, what came out of that you can see.

I really enjoyed using the material - its a good medium weight linen with bright colours and large scale prints. 




 The CLOTH FABRIC sale is starting this weekend in Sydney.
If you have been looking and wondering about CLOTH Fabric then now is your chance. 
It was all hustle and bustle today and lots of fantastic looking things being set up for the sale. Usually I get a really good chat with the CLOTH Ladies (I do like a chat)not today - way to busy working.I was promised a beverage later in the week once all the work was done and the stock sorted.













Of course the sky is the limit with these fabrics, but I do like a improv scrappy quilt.



Hopefully the rain will ease and Sydney can get back to business and dry up a bit.......



also

Dont forget the class list is out for Calico & Ivy, I'm running some workshops on Zig Zag Quilts :)

&

For those of you have bought some of my fabric on Spoonflower - I'd love to see it! or if you have made one of my projects email me :)





Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...