About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Pottering

Pottering along this week, which is nice :)
Weather is perfect - kids settled into school and all routine back in place after our 6 week summer break.
I've decided whilst I'm waiting on my big quilt tops to be machine quilted that I would make a cushion in matching material to the Zig Zag quilt (all the off cuts and scraps) and hand quilt it. It's been a while since I took it slow and made something little and everyone else seems to be making pillows/ cushion! so I had to aswell. This square is 80cm


I nearly went for Red thread but I wanted to match in with the Zig Zag quilt and it doesn't have any red in it - so maybe next pillow I'll get the red out :)

I narrowed it down to these three threads.


and this is what I'm doing with it, just randomly going around the inside of some squares. I'll keep going till it looks right......as usual no real plan - just going with the flow.




and this is the matching material in the Zig Zag Quilt.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...